When I was a child in Africa in the 80s, sunscreen really wasn’t a thing (LOL!). Giving back and helping others, however, has always been an important part of my family’s purpose.
My parents worked in the local and global community by volunteering and donating to causes they believed in since before I was born. They have been a wonderful example to me and have always inspired me to find creative ways to help those around me.
Giving People Hope
When I was young, money was scarce but we always tried to share with others (sometimes that was just being an emotional support to someone going through a tough period or giving of our time to clean up someone’s yard).
For my parents, however, that was not enough. They had a bigger vision and after working for several nonprofit organizations for 20 years, my mom, Michele Rickett, founded She Is Safe.
By actively working with communities all over the globe, my mom was able to see what was really needed for those less fortunate. It sounds simple, but to change someone’s life and give them hope, sometimes all they need is access to clean water or a micro-loan to start a small business. Something so small and simple for Americans can create an amazing ripple effect that benefits a whole African village and can give people a future and hope!
Ignite Women – Boss Babes Making Big Moves!
Philanthropy is a big part of my vision at Bella Medspa, but I’ve always wanted to be more involved with She Is Safe, in particular. Much like yourself, my time is already stretched pretty tight, but I was thrilled when my mom proposed that I start and manage She Is Safe’s new project: Ignite Women! I knew in my heart this was my opportunity to give back in a big way, connect and network with like-minded women.
Ignite Women is a dynamic community of women working to support each other while also working for the greater good. We’ll choose and fund specific initiatives internationally through She Is Safe. I can’t wait to get started connecting with my fellow female entrepreneurs to help put a stop to human trafficking!
Want to Be a Part of Ignite Women?
I am seeking to build a wonderful group of like-minded, women in business who see the value of round table support, want an extra boost of inspiration, AND desire to make a change in the world.
Let’s put our beautiful heads together to see how we can spread the word about and make a difference in Human Trafficking prevention, rescue, and repair. You will be surprised how supporting this cause is easier than you think.
What’s something you’d like to improve in the world? Free education, healthcare, water, micro loans, bible studies? Choose your focus and let’s work together to grow these SIS projects! Learn how supporting the amazing work of human trafficking prevention is easier than you think!
- Be a woman who owns/works in a business, loves making connections and has a desire to help those in need! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- You don’t need to be a CEO (hey! being a stay-at-home mom is a full-time job and it takes a ton of logistics!)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- You don’t have to be a Christian to be a part of our SIS group.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- You don’t have to have experience with nonprofits – it’s ok if you are just learning about where and how to donate for the best impact!
What You Get:
- Free membership to the Ignite Women group.
- Invitation to our exclusive in-person networking, strategizing, & motivational meetings and lectures (at Bella, of course!).
- Got a business dilemma, challenging situation, tough decision? Let’s round table it!
- Invitation to our private FB group.
- Monthly newsletter to keep you inspired, successful and in the know about SIS projects.
- The feel-good vibes as we fund project after project to help those in need!
- Signed journal/book from Michele Rickett, Founder of She Is Safe.
What we ask:
- Keep it real, keep it positive.
- Work as a team to support a SIS project close to your heart.
- Share about donation opportunities for SIS and their many success stories with your friends, family and colleagues!
Want to join but have no time?
Would you like to make a difference in the world but you are maxed out on time?! No problem, I’m here for you! We have beautiful digital and paper promo materials to help spread the word about SIS projects that are happening right now and making a huge impact.
Do you love hosting events and gatherings?! Awesome, so do I! You can make a big impact through charity events and fundraisers to benefit SIS projects. It’s easier than you think!
So, let’s get to work! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started! I can’t wait to meet and work with you to make this world a better place!