Ultherapy Buckhead and Alpharetta
Ultherapy, which is offered at our Buckhead and Alpharetta locations, is the only FDA-cleared procedure to non-invasively lift the eyebrow, neck, and under-chin. It is also FDA-cleared to improve décolletage lines and wrinkles.
An Uplift – Not a Facelift
Ultherapy uses the safe, time-tested energy of ultrasound to stimulate the deep structural support layers of the skin – including those typically addressed in a surgical facelift – without disturbing the surface of the skin. Ultherapy has been established to be safe and effective in clinical studies and through more than one million treatments worldwide.
For most of our Buckhead and Alpharetta Ultherapy clients, the procedure typically takes around 60 minutes to 90 minutes but will depend on the area to be treated and the treatment plan. There are no special after-care requirements, which means you can resume your normal activities immediately after your treatment.
7 Benefits of Ultherapy
- Safe: Ultherapy is the only treatment for sagging skin, wrinkles, or lines that is cleared by the FDA. So, you can undergo Ultherapy at our Buckhead and Alpharetta office with peace of mind knowing that potentially dangerous substances will not be used on your skin or enter your body.
- Non-Invasive: Because Ultherapy uses an ultrasound technique, no surgery is needed to complete it. This allows us to provide our Buckhead and Alpharetta Ultherapy clients a significant improvement in wrinkles, lines, and sagging skin without the potential complications or side effects associated with surgical procedures.
- Customizable: Another great benefit of Ultherapy is that your Buckhead or Alpharetta aesthetician is provided with a visual of the lower layers of the skin, thanks to the ultrasound imaging. This means she can direct the heat directly to the exact locations that need improvement the most. This will allow you to see remarkable results in the areas that concern you most.
- Convenient: Because the treatment is non-invasive and does not require anesthesia or surgery, our clients can return to their normal daily activity without any restrictions immediately after treatment. The side effects are mild, if they arise at all, causing virtually no discomfort.
- Natural-Looking Results: For most of our Buckhead and Alpharetta Ultherapy clients, results gradually become apparent, usually within the first three months after completion, with final outcomes usually visible in three to six months. This means your friends and family will never know you had a skin treatment done.
- Long-Lasting: Because the heat of the ultrasound rejuvenates collagen deep within the skin, Ultherapy can pause the aging process in the areas treated.
- Collagen-Producing: By stimulating collagen deep within the skin, Ultherapy lifts, tightens, and tones skin on the face, neckline, and chest.
How Ultherapy Works
Ultherapy is a non-surgical, non-invasive procedure that uses ultrasound and the body’s own natural healing process to lift, tone, and tighten loose skin on the brow, neck, and under the chin.
Unlike lasers, which penetrate the skin from the outside-in, the Ultherapy procedure bypasses the surface of the skin, specifically targeting the deep, structural skin tissues where collagen lives stimulate the deep structural support layers of the skin – including those typically addressed in a surgical facelift – without disturbing the surface of the skin. Using ultrasound technology, Ultherapy works from the inside-out to lift and tighten skin non-invasively.
In some ways, Ultherapy is just like an ultrasound imaging procedure that expectant mothers may receive. A smooth handpiece is placed on your skin and an image of the tissue beneath is projected on a screen. This allows your Buckhead or Alpharetta aesthetician to “see” where they will use Ultherapy to treat your skin.
But here’s the difference: With Ultherapy, that same handpiece is also used to deliver tiny deposits of focused ultrasound energy at just the right depth below the skin to the same foundational layer typically addressed in a surgical facelift.
The Lift You’re Looking For
Your body’s response to this energy is to recondition tired skin by stimulating the growth of fresh, new collagen. The result is a tightening and gradual lifting – or shifting – of the skin back into a more youthful position and form-fitting shape.
Results will unfold over the course of three months and some of our Buckhead and Alpharetta Ultherapy clients have reported continued improvement for up to six months, including lifting and tightening of the skin on the neck, under the chin, along the jawline, and on the brow. While ultrasound does not duplicate the results of surgery, Ultherapy has proven to be an inviting alternative for those who want the lift, without the surgery.
Is Ultherapy Right for Me?
Although everyone responds differently, this treatment can be done on any skin color, type, and condition, regardless of gender. Whether you are a viable candidate for Ultherapy depends on what you want to achieve. If you’re still young but feel you need to combat early signs of aging, then go for it. Many of our Buckhead and Alpharetta Ultherapy client who have had previous surgery have also benefitted from this treatment.
If you’re older and are beginning to get uncomfortable with loose skin under your neck and chin or sagging skin and wrinkles on your face and chest, then this treatment is just what you are searching for. Typically, people in their 30s or older with mild to moderate skin concerns are a good fit. However, you can still benefit from this treatment even if you are in your 20s.
Preparing for Ultherapy at Our Buckhead or Alpharetta Location
Preparation for your Ultherapy treatment at our Buckhead or Alpharetta office is minimal. Regular eating, drinking, exercise, and work routines can be maintained before and immediately after the procedure.
You should remove makeup and other skin care products from the target area prior to treatment. If instructed, you may take pain-reducing or anti-inflammatory medication before the procedure begins. If these medications affect your ability to drive, then plan to be picked up from the office after your treatment.
About Your Ultherapy Procedure
Your Buckhead or Alpharetta Ultherapy aesthetician will clean the areas she plans to work on of any oil or residue before applying an ultrasound gel. The Ultherapy device will be placed against your skin, and your aesthetician will use an ultrasound viewer to adjust the device to the appropriate settings. Ultrasound energy will then delivered to the targeted areas. You might experience quick, intermittent feelings of heat and tingling during treatment. Pain medication can be administered to address any discomfort. At the end of the procedure, the applicator is removed.
A single procedure can last up to 90 minutes, depending on the treatment. Ultherapy treatment on the chest takes about 30 minutes compared to the face and neck areas, which can take 60 minutes to 90 minutes.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
The beauty of Ultherapy for most of our Buckhead and Alpharetta clients is that it’s a once-off treatment for most of them. However, although the treatment produces new collagen on the inside, the individual’s aging is a normal, natural process; hence, the results of this treatment are not the same for everyone. Therefore, while the effects can sometimes last up to five years for many of our Buckhead and Alpharetta clients, others have had skin issues reappear after one year.
So, the answer to how many treatments you might need is not straightforward. That said, most of our Buckhead and Alpharetta Ultherapy clients schedule treatment at least once every year to maintain their natural good looks. However, the decision on the number and frequency of treatments is entirely up to you. You can schedule as many touch-ups as you want – especially when signs of aging start to appear again – to maintain your desired outcome. The treatment can also be safely done in multiple areas at once.
When Will I See Results?
Some of our Buckhead and Alpharetta Ultherapy clients have reported seeing results soon after the treatment. However, because collagen formation is a natural process, the results will slowly appear over time. Everyone’s unique aging process will determine how long before the results are visible to the outside world. In most cases, the actual results begin to appear about three months after the treatment, at which stage your skin will have produced new collagen
As collagen starts to lift and tighten the skin, you should begin to see an obvious positive change in the structure and appearance of your skin. Your treatment outcome includes tightening of the skin on your neck and chest, as well as less visible wrinkles and fine lines around your eyes and mouth.
How Much Does Ultherapy Cost?
The size of the area being treated is a vital factor in determining the cost of Ultherapy. Treating a small area like the brow can cost $1,800, whereas treating the entire face and neck can cost $3,500 to $4,000.