I’m the small business owner of Bella Medspa, a wife, a mom to two young children and an equestrian, as most of you know. These are all big things that I love and need my attention daily. So, I follow a simple morning skincare routine to keep my outlook on the busy day ahead bright and beautiful.
A Spiritual Wake Up
My very first morning activity generates positivity for me. Most days, I’m journaling to express my thoughts and feelings and center myself to prepare for the day. Every morning, for the past ten years, my dad has texted me a message from his journal or a Bible verse. This is a connection to him that goes deeper now that he’s battling cancer.
Wherever the messages comes from, this activity awakens my spiritual mindset to love myself, people, animals and nature.
Yoga is the best exercise for me to transition into using my body and YouTube is my go-to for endless sources of quick but mindful breathing and stretching exercises. My full-body workout is next.
I head outdoors to greet my horse, Rhys, and my kids’ pony, Hazel, who are an integral part of my home life in Alpharetta. I ride Rhys for 45 minutes, or for a full hour if he’s not behaving like he should. There’s something about the physical demand of the ride and the connection to the horse that’s invaluable to me.
My Skincare Routine and Beauty Regimen
After a shower, I want to face anyone I’ll see with a beautiful face. These are the steps and the products that give me a healthy, glowing look, in 15 minutes.
- Aveeno’s Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser works perfectly after exercise to remove impurities and the exfoliators are gentle enough for daily use. My face feels clean and has a smooth texture. Their Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub is also great. Both products are free of perfumes and parabens and easy to find at drug stores and Target.com.
- Bella Be Flawless Toner Pads. I have formulated Bella Be Flawless prescriptive toner pads to be an everyday, refreshing hydrator. I call this toner “my drill sergeant” because it keeps melanocyte cells – the ones that produce melanin that can lead to freckles and dark spots – evenly lined up. You can stop by Bella anytime to purchase these toner pads or we can mail them directly to you.
- Protecting Serum. SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF Gel is a serum-in-a-gel that prevents redness and inflammation on my face. This has a high concentration of antioxidants that are absorbed into the skin plus Vitamin C to prevent premature lines and wrinkles. This is available at Bella or call us and we can ship to you.
- Moisturizing Serum. I use just one pump of Alastin’s Restorative Skin Complex with TriHex Technology. The peptides work deep into the skin to support collagen production and elastin fibers which are crucial to fight aging. My clients who have started doing this see a juicy look after only two weeks. I encourage you to try this if you are looking for the “wow factor.”
- Sunscreen. I always go for an SPF around 50 that has zinc and titanium and ingredients that I can pronounce. Intellishade TruPhysical by Revision is yummy because it’s a tinted moisturizer delivering a fresh color. This is sold at many places online but we also sell it at Bella. Rain or shine, don’t skip sunscreen!
- Eye Serum. For the delicate skin around the eyes, I use Elastiderm Eye Serum by Obagi to retain elasticity, which Bella also carries.
Because I’m passionate about my skincare routine and prefer a natural look, I don’t use many cosmetics. This is a growing trend as more people follow a regular skincare regimen and see an aesthetician.
Eyelashes. I apply Athena Cosmetic’s RetivaLash Advanced Eyelash Conditioner–and have for nine years–for stronger and longer lashes. I love the peptides and lipids in this eyelash conditioner.
Delores Hickson works near my home and does my lash extensions that I feel make me look better when I go without mascara, like when I swim. I use 100% Pure’s Fruit Pigmented Ultra Lengthening Mascara.
Lips. Ormedic Balancing Lip Enhancement Complex by Image Skincare is a polypeptide cream that retextures my lips. It’s organic, so I feel better about ingesting it. I apply this twice a day and keep it in stock at Bella.
For added color, O Gloss Intuitive Lip Gloss by Smashbox reacts with your own skin chemistry to a custom pink shade. Nordstrom has this lip gloss and I love it.
My life is busy so my skincare routine has to be simple and effective. In addition to these products, I get a monthly Refresh Laser Facial. I boost that treatment with an IPL Photofacial for coloration, the 1064 resurfacing laser for tightening, then either Diamond Microdermabrasion or a VI Peel for a deep, lasting glow. These are all treatments I do each day for my clients who are enjoying great results.
I also love product recommendations from my clients. When you visit me at Bella, please share what you like best–especially products with natural ingredients and that deliver benefits!