Holiday parties, weddings, vacations, reunions, interviews, photo sessions, public speaking engagements! I love hearing about your upcoming events when you want to put your best face forward. These big occasions may cause mixed feelings of big excitement and a little worry. Looking and feeling great at these moments is the goal, so I like to help you prepare!
After 17 years of conversations as an aesthetician, I have so many skincare tips and tricks to help you “wow” everyone. I have recommendations to get you shining with a clear, glowing face and self-confidence about your body.
Looking and feeling your best comes with ongoing care. To start, decide what needs attention – hair, body, skin. Bella does more than facials – like brow microblading and underarm laser hair removal – to make you positively gorgeous. It’s simple to plan for two kinds of treatments and save time with one visit.
I love to work with clients on a plan for the weeks and months before any special occasion. That way we can discuss your goals and commit to reaching them.
These are my recommendations for some treatments to do leading up to an event.
- Schedule facials every three to four weeks to deep-clean, exfoliate and hydrate your skin. For almost guaranteed radiance, the HydraFacial MD with Alastin’s TriHex Technology and our signature Refresh Laser Facial are perfect to alternate and detailed on Bella’s Face Services.
- Exfoliating masks or balancing sheet masks done at home once a week gently fight dullness and reveal smoother, softer skin. I really enjoy the new DefenAge 2-Minute Reveal Masque for skin brightening, which Bella carries..
- Skin Resurfacing. Brown spots, fine lines, pores, and redness are beautifully addressed with either lasers or peels. Bella’s Pixel Perfect Laser Facial and my new Flawless Finish Makeover (on sale this month!) are more intense treatments targeting fine lines, pigmentation and dull skin. Aquagold Miracle Glow and Diamond Microdermabrasion remove several layers of the skin. It’s best to do these weeks before your important day. Learn more about these under our Face services.
- Target Cellulite or Excess Weight. Thermi Lift tightens the jaw, neck, abs or thighs with laser treatment of the targeted area. Thermi Smooth helps stubborn fat pockets and sagging skin. Three treatments is common, so discuss a schedule with an aesthetician.
- Ladies, Skip the Panty Liners! Dance, laugh and even get up from your chair without bladder leaks after ThermiVa vaginal rejuvenation. Ask us or read my “BFF Treatment” blog post.
- And for the Guys. Let’s target those veins around the nose and any spots with bespoke treatments.
If you’re considering any treatment for the first time, let’s set up a free consultation.
Please keep in mind that pre-booking beauty and wellness appointments over four months will give you time to get the results you are after. All our aestheticians and Cara, Bella’s front desk manager, are dedicated to helping book appointments and can schedule after-hours appointments, if necessary. We even book as far as 18 months out!
In Case of An Emergency
Just when our emotions are sky high and schedules are busy, stress or eating poorly – salty foods, carbs, wine – causes skin problems. This is so common the week of the event!
Here are my remedies for common snags.
- Enlarged pores. LED light therapy shrinks pores and minimizes acne.
- Sweaty face. Facial blotting papers are handy to control shine.
- A pimple. Soak a cotton ball or a cotton swab with Visine eyedrops, then hold this on the spot for a minute. The ingredients that relieve redness in your eyes also work to constrict blood vessels! The acne redness goes down for a little while, giving you peace of mind.
- Cystic acne breakout. Take Benadryl at night to calm down breakout redness that diphenhydramine reduces.
Enhancing Your Look
These are my tricks to looking and feeling glamorous in my dress and in pictures.
- Diet and sleep. Get restorative rest and eat healthy! Give yourself 60 to 90 days to get those great habits ingrained as a lifestyle.
- Lash extensions. I love this alternative to layering mascaras or wearing false lashes for a dramatic look. I visit Delores Hickson in Roswell for my extensions.
- Exfoliate. Remember to go gently on your face the day-of to boost penetration and benefits. On your body, use a light touch to buff and reveal healthier skin.
- Hydrate. Moisturizing daily is essential and SkinCeuticals’ Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2 antiaging cream is fab. The ratio stands for 2% ceramides, 4% natural cholesterol and 2% fatty acids(!) – that refill cellular lipids to support natural repair and nourishment. This cream is lovely for all skin types, especially dehydrated skin. It is Bella’s featured product for the month of November which means it’s 20% off! You can easily purchase it here.
- Shave fine arm hair. Just like dermaplaning treatments, exfoliating first then removing vellus hair brings more shine to your arms. Of course, shaving dark or thick arm hair is not good! If hairy arms are a concern, consider laser hair removal.
Now it’s time to enjoy your investments in yourself and turn heads!
At the end of the night, whether you’re a bride, host or speaker, you have almost certainly touched your smartphone, other people, doorknobs and your face. So, deep-cleaning your face afterwards is as important as the steps you took to get ready!
Double-cleansing has returned as a trend, but I have always recommended this to remove foundation, waterproof mascara, sunscreen, pollution, and anything else that’s ended up in your pores and on your face. This also brings pH back into balance, which helps fend off harmful bacteria that can lead to acne, eczema or rosacea.
My fav double-cleanse products are Shu Uemura POREfinist2 Cleansing Oil followed by a micellar water that removes waterproof eye makeup. To get squeaky clean, start with an oil then use a micellar water or a foaming cleanser.
And After the Fun
Enjoy catching up on sleep and eating right to repair and restore your skin. Be sure to post photos from your special occasion and tag Bella on Instagram, using the handle @bella_medspa_atl, or on Facebook using @bellamedspaatl, so we can see how great you looked! Then come visit so we can hear how everything went and pamper you again.